Senior UX / UI Design Manager
We’re looking for a Senior UX/UI Designer to help us expand our existing platform and associated client-facing (web and mobile) applications. This person would begin immediately as a full-time employee in Seattle, WA.
Backed by senior CBRE executives, our small, fast-paced team is on a mission to change the space of commercial real estate through our suite of simple, intuitive client-side applications. Our current infrastructure is loosely comprised of:
1) A flexible, scalable, cloud-based application layer
2) An API layer for client-side consumption
3) Client-side applications designed for specific user groups
As our platform continues to grow, we would want you to lead our research-driven design process to help us create innovative and functional products. For this leadership role, we require someone with extensive experience in user research, prototyping, interaction design, visual design, UI animation, and usability testing.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Owning and managing the user experience research and testing processes
- Creating, managing and communicating design guidelines, patterns, and libraries
- Documenting user experience and interactivity through wireframes, flowcharts, screenshots, design specifications/redlines, and prototype demos
- Managing internal design resources and relationships with outside design/UX vendors
- Supervising Design and UX team employees
- Working closely with the Development, Business and Marketing teams on overall product vision and process to deliver outstanding applications
- Minimum of a Bachelor's degree (BA/BS) from four-year college or university in Interaction Design or related coursework
- 6-10+ years of professional experience in interactive product design, including mobile experience
- Strong visual design/layout/typography skillset
- Mastery of Photoshop, Illustrator and other relevant ideation and prototyping tools for mobile (Basalmiq, InVision, etc.)
- A competitive compensation package, with medical/dental/vision/401(k)/disability/conference attendance, etc.
- An awesome team with whom to collaborate
- A commitment to your career (plus a generous annual continued education stipend)
- An open-source culture that encourages learning and contributing back to the community
- Flexible working environment in a downtown Seattle office that’s convenient to mass transit and the Seattle bus tunnel
Sample of the technologies we use:
- Backend App/API – Python 3, Django, Django Rest Framework, Celery, RabbitMQ, Redis, Pandas, NumPy, Elasticsearch, PostgreSQL/PostGIS
- Infrastructure & Related – AWS, Rundeck, Jenkins, Ansible, Ubuntu
- Development Workflow – Jira, GitLab, Github, Bitbucket, Slack
- Client-Side, Single Page Apps – AngularJS (1.x and 2.x), D3.js, ESRI, Leaflet, Gulp, Bootstrap, Sass, Bourbon, Piwik, Bower, NPM, Jade, Ionic
About our team:
We’re a software engineering team within CBRE’s Digital and Technology group. We are uniquely positioned within the organization to access global data, tools, resources, and leaders throughout the industry. Our mission is to create value by developing targeted, highly scalable technology platforms for internal and external consumption.
We solve complex commercial real estate problems by bringing together good people, great minds, and top tier technologies. We believe in leveraging and supporting open source projects and their broader communities whenever possible. We love Unix-based systems (we use Macs) but appreciate other flavors. We believe that personal growth is as important as Company growth, and they are interdependent.
If the team isn’t discussing the latest open source news, we are chatting about the most current (or timeless...) audio technologies, our Tuesday lunch reading group, the latest food related discovery, or some cool weekend hike that one of us is planning. We value good people first, and often enjoy hanging out at happy hour or other team events.
With over $10.8 billion in 2015 revenue, CBRE is the largest global real estate service and investment management provider in the world, and one of only two such companies to hold a position on the Fortune 500 list. The Company has more than 70,000 employees (excluding affiliates) in more than 400 offices globally. It’s known as a leader in the sustainability and governance corporate indices, and frequently wins best workplace awards. Please visit www.cbre.com for more information.
Please principals only, no recruiters.