Front-End Software Engineer - Desktop & Mobile
We’re looking for a front-end software engineer who can hit the ground running to help us expand our existing platform and associated client-facing (web and mobile) applications. This person would begin immediately as a full-time employee in Seattle, WA.
Backed by senior CBRE executives, our small, fast-paced team is on a mission to change the space of commercial real estate through our suite of simple, intuitive client-side applications. Our current infrastructure is loosely comprised of:
1) A flexible, scalable, cloud-based application layer
2) An API layer for client-side consumption
3) Client-side applications designed for specific user groups
Your responsibilities will include:
- Writing beautiful code and implementing fantastic solutions for our client-facing web and mobile applications
- Working with other engineers to establish and document coding best practices based on industry standards
- Working with a team of engineers (with a variety of technical capabilities), along with a Scrum Master, to identify, spec, and implement elegant features and solutions
- Ensuring that we are continuously raising our standard of engineering excellence
- Identifying and addressing bugs/enhancements/new features/refactoring requirements
- Contributing to the various stages of the software development process, from UI design to live site monitoring
- Experience with AngularJS, or a similar framework
- Strong background with MVC testing frameworks such as Karma, JSHint, and Protractor
- A solid understanding of Git, or a similar version control system
- Experience with Agile/Scrum software development cycles
Bonus points for experience in these areas:
- Automation of end-to-end testing frameworks across device types
- Background with D3.js, strong plus
- Some basic UX/UI or Design skills
- Experience with iOS and/or Android application development
- Experience with Ionic or a related framework
- Familiarity with bug reporting tools, triaging, and processes
- A competitive compensation package, with medical/dental/vision/401(k)/disability/conference attendance, etc.
- An awesome team with whom to collaborate
- A commitment to your career (plus a generous annual continued education stipend)
- An open-source culture that encourages learning and contributing back to the community
- Flexible working environment in a downtown Seattle office that’s convenient to mass transit and the Seattle bus tunnel
Sample of the technologies we use:
- Backend App/API – Python 3, Django, Django Rest Framework, Celery, RabbitMQ, Redis, Pandas, NumPy, Elasticsearch, PostgreSQL/PostGIS
- Infrastructure & Related – AWS, Rundeck, Jenkins, Ansible, Ubuntu
- Development Workflow – Jira, GitLab, Github, Bitbucket, Slack
- Client-Side, Single Page Apps – AngularJS (1.x and 2.x), D3.js, ESRI, Leaflet, Gulp, Bootstrap, Sass, Bourbon, Piwik, Bower, NPM, Jade, Ionic
About our team:
We’re a software engineering team within CBRE’s Digital and Technology group. We are uniquely positioned within the organization to access global data, tools, resources, and leaders throughout the industry. Our mission is to create value by developing targeted, highly scalable technology platforms for internal and external consumption.
We solve complex commercial real estate problems by bringing together good people, great minds, and top tier technologies. We believe in leveraging and supporting open source projects and their broader communities whenever possible. We love Unix-based systems (we use Macs) but appreciate other flavors. We believe that personal growth is as important as Company growth, and they are interdependent.
If the team isn’t discussing the latest open source news, we are chatting about the most current (or timeless...) audio technologies, our Tuesday lunch reading group, the latest food related discovery, or some cool weekend hike that one of us is planning. We value good people first, and often enjoy hanging out at happy hour or other team events.
With over $10.8 billion in 2015 revenue, CBRE is the largest global real estate service and investment management provider in the world, and one of only two such companies to hold a position on the Fortune 500 list. The Company has more than 70,000 employees (excluding affiliates) in more than 400 offices globally. It’s known as a leader in the sustainability and governance corporate indices, and frequently wins best workplace awards. Please visit www.cbre.com for more information.
Please principals only, no recruiters.